Jonathan Smith has more than 16 years experience generating and implementing effective solutions to the six core problems facing all organisations:
- increase revenue
- decrease costs
- improve quality
- communicate with stakeholders
- position for the future
- achieve vision & mission.
The keys to this approach are:
- thorough analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- an appreciation of the organisation as part of an adaptive ecosystem, involving customers, competitors, investors, formal political and legal institutions, and informal socio-cultural institutions
- navigating group dynamics at different layers of the ecosystem that can help or hinder turning strategy into reality.
His experience includes 360° organisational strategy; governance and risk; performance improvement; project and change management; coaching; brand leadership; product development and improvement; targeted customer engagement, conversion and retention; market research, analysis and segmentation; and strategic stakeholder relationships in the private, government and community sectors.
He has worked with complex B2C and B2B offerings from intangible services through to resources and commodities. All this is backed by more than a decade’s hands-on technical expertise in end-to-end planning, budgeting, execution, measurement, optimisation and reporting.
Jonathan’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts degree with Honours from the University of Western Australia, a Graduate Certificate in Public Sector Management (valedictorian, dux) from RMIT University in Melbourne, and a Master of Business Administration with Distinction (dux) from Curtin Graduate School of Business, as well as professional certificates in cultural transformation, neurolinguistic programming and marketing.